The Promise

6:16 PM 0 Comments

Planning

Today is the first day of July and today marks the first day of the second half of 2017. Can you believe it?! In a few days, Ry and I will already be 6 months married, but we are still swooning from how awesome our wedding was.



To be honest, I always get kilig whenever someone says they enjoyed our wedding. Because modesty aside, we really did our best to make it a memorable one. Compliments are affirmations that we did well.

Motivation
They say weddings should be all about the bride and groom. This is true, of course. But for Rye and I, it's always been about giving back to our family and friends who stood with us in our journey to that day, and most importantly, it is all about sharing how God has been faithful in our lives.

When we started planning the wedding, we thought of keeping it small and intimate. But the wedding is also a once in a lifetime opportunity for us to gather our friends and family and have them hear how God has worked in our relationship. We want everyone to know how God wrote our love story, not just a handful of people. But with a limited budget, a small gathering is really the best option.

Later, we realized that we are just being practical but not really in faith. Well, mostly me. Because I am a doubter. I was afraid that God will not really follow through with our prayers and provision would be cut short. Looking at our bank account and the projected expenses, I knew we won't make it without divine intervention.

But then, God gave us this promise, and this has become the anchor of how we prepared for our wedding.



14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,[e]15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.[f] 16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3

I still feel my heart my burn when I read these verses. I cannot believe God gave us this promise for our wedding. It couldn't be more clear for me, but still it is unimaginable. Let me try to break this down, because our hope is really to relay the message through our wedding.

My Father in heaven, the creator of everything, who owns everything, has unlimited resources. He will provide, not only for our finances but also the power, strength and the faith to trust in Him and not doubt. Through out the wedding planning, God wants me trust him and wait for him to see me through. As I trust Him, he will be able to prove to me that He is true and that He is a Father who I can trust. He will make his home in my heart as I trust him. As I trust him, and as I see that He is a Father who fulfills his promises, my roots will grow. I will get to know my Father in heaven better. I will be stronger, and this wedding will be something that I would look back when times are tough. The wedding and the planning is a venue for us to experience God. What's great is that this is just the tip of the iceberg. God's love for me is more than answered prayers and financial provision. It is too great to understand fully.

In verse 20, which is posted in almost everything at our wedding, is God's ultimate promise for me to not be afraid to dream and hope because He is infinite. You may not know, but I don't like keeping my expectations high and keeping my hopes up because I am afraid of being disappointed. But here, God is telling me that He is the one who will take care of everything, so I can dream all I want and He will be the one who will accomplish them.

An intimate wedding and small wedding was the practical option but see, the wedding and the planning itself is a spiritual and very personal journey for Rye and I, but for me specially.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: